1) By age 60, 70% of all women and 40% of men in America will suffer from bulging, painful legs, which can be symptoms of varicose veins and more specifically, vein disease.
2) Other symptoms include restless leg syndrome, leg or ankle swelling, cramping, burning skin, or bleeding ulcers on your ankles.
3) Varicose veins are a medical problem, not cosmetic.
4) If left untreated, varicose veins will always get worse and may lead to major medical complications.
5) Vein stripping is an outdated procedure for treating varicose veins.
6) The current state-of-the-art procedures for varicose veins include Foam Sclerotherapy, Radiofrequency Ablation, Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) and Ambulatory Phlebectomy.
7) Vein Institute of Connecticut offers free monthly varicose vein screenings with Dr. Alex Afshar. August screening dates are Tuesday, August 20th and Wednesday, August 21st.