Discover Dr. Afshar’s Advanced Solutions For Varicose And Spider Veins
Dr. Afshar offers several innovative solutions for varicose and spider veins right here in his office. They are performed using local anesthesia and cause little to no discomfort or recovery time. Your treatment options include:
- Foam Sclerotherapy (Chemical Ablation): Used for both spider and varicose veins, this non-surgical, in-office procedure involves using a tiny needle to inject a special solution into the problem vein that causes the vein to collapse and be absorbed by the body naturally. Ultrasound is used to accurately guide placement of the solution. No anesthesia or sedation is needed, and you can return to work immediately.
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RF): This non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure uses radiofrequency to deliver heat through a tiny catheter into a problem vein to close it off and dissolve it.
- Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT): Similar to RF, EVLT delivers light beams through a tiny catheter to seal off the vein. EVLT takes about 45 minutes. Many patients experience little or no pain after the procedure and return to normal activity immediately with little or no scarring.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: This office-based minor surgical procedure removes larger varicose veins. Dr. Afshar uses tiny incisions to remove sections of veins at the surface of the skin. The procedure takes about 60 minutes and requires little to no time off work.
- Compression Therapy: For a more conservative approach to vein treatment, Dr. Afshar can prescribe prescription-strength compression stockings to alleviate painful symptoms. Prescription strength compression stockings help reduce the symptoms caused by varicose veins but do not treat the underlying problem. Stockings must be worn daily and indefinitely. Most insurance companies now require a trial period of compression stocking wear before they will cover the cost of other treatments for varicose veins.
Find out which varicose vein treatment is right for you – call 203-426-5554 to learn more or schedule your appointment.