Advanced Vein Treatment Solutions Tailored To Your Needs
Vein Institute of Connecticut offer several innovative solutions for varicose and spider veins right here in our offices. They are performed using local anesthesia and cause little to no discomfort or recovery time. Your treatment options include:
- Sclerotherapy: Used for both spider and varicose veins, this non-surgical, in-office procedure uses a tiny needle to inject a special solution into the problem vein. It simply causes the vein to collapse and be absorbed by the body naturally. Anesthesia is not needed and you may return to normal activities immediately following the procedure. Veins typically begin to fade from view within a few weeks.
Learn more about Sclerotherapy
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RF): This non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure uses radiofrequency to deliver heat through a tiny catheter into a problem vein to close it off and dissolve it. The doctor does this treatment right in the office, using local anesthesia or a mild sedative.
Learn more about Radiofrequency Ablation
- Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT): Minimally invasive, nearly painless and performed in the office, this is a whole new option in vein treatment that requires only local anesthesia with no downtime and no resulting scars! A thin tube is inserted though the affected vein, serving as a channel for the laser fiber. The laser is inserted through the tube to slowly heat the vein until it collapses shut. The whole treatment takes less than 20 minutes.
Learn more about EVLT
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: Even large, bulging varicose veins can be effectively removed in the office using ambulatory phlebectomy. You’ll be given a local anesthetic. Then the doctor makes a number of tiny needle punctures in the skin along the affected vein and removes it from the leg. This typically takes less than an hour and there is no scarring from the procedure.
Learn more about Ambulatory Phlebectomy
A Consultation with One of Our Doctors Can Help
Additional Vein Treatment Services Offered
- Hemorrhoid Treatment by Infrared coagulation:When you realize that more than 10 million people in the U.S. currently experience hemorrhoid symptoms, and that three out of four people will develop hemorrhoids at some time in their lives, you can stop feeling embarrassed and start talking to your doctor. Hemorrhoid treatment no longer involves painful surgery and most often can occur in the comfort of your doctor’s office.
Learn more about Hemorrhoid Treatment.
- Cosmetic Facial Solutions: Dr. Afshar can help you can take years off your face without complicated surgeries or weeks of recovery. The latest injectable treatments reduce wrinkles and fill or smooth out folds and indents in your face. You’ll look younger, feel more vibrant and get a terrific confidence boost.
Learn more about Cosmetic Facial Solutions.